Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ocean Animals


We are wrapping up our Under the Sea theme in summer school this week. We made Orca Whales using paper plates and construction paper. These are in Deanna Jump's Ocean Unit, but she got the idea from Mailbox Magazine. However, she does not include patterns, so I created my own since we are working with young special needs students. You can get them below by clicking on the picture below!!  

We also made the sharks and crabs. The sharks are also from Deanna's Ocean Unit with patterns included! The crabs are a project that I did with my kindergartners this year that I found via Golden Gang Kindergarten.


Job Update: I'm still looking for a teaching job here. I had to interviews, but didn't make it past the first round. UGH. Everyday after summer school, I search the same websites for possible new openings. Up here, the school districts are by city & town, not by county. This makes the job hunt even more work because you have to apply to each individual district. I'm not applying for jobs at private schools as well. I'm desperate for anything. All I know is I have a calling and I'm waiting for an answer. I keep believing that God has a plan for me too. 

I'll keep you all posted and I really appreciate the positive messages that I've received from some of you. In the meantime, here are some more great giveaways to check out. 


Lori from Teaching With Love and Laughter is giving away this! Click on the picture!
Rachelle from Life is Sweet....in Kindergarten is having a Back to School Giveaway! 
 

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Those ocean animals are cute.

Super cute blog design. I love the colors!!!

Heidi
My (Not So) Elementary Life

Carla said...

I love the artwork!! Good luck in your job search! I have awarded you with One Lovely Blog Award. To pick it up stop by: http://playfullearningbrooklyn.blogspot.com :)

Carla

Unknown said...

Hi, stupid question - did you just ask them to pain half of the paper plate black beforehand?

Unknown said...

Hi, stupid question - did you just ask them to pain half of the paper plate black beforehand?

Post a Comment